Daily GK Updates 8th February 2017 – All competitive examination students searching everyday General Knowledge question related to news and every category. Today, We are going to share Current Affairs of the GK Updates of the 8th February 2017. We are providing each and every detail of the Daily GK Updates 8th February 2017, Current Affairs Feb 2017. We are updating all GK Quiz Questions Answers, Current Affairs Feb 2017. We are covering all category General Knowledge Sports, National, International, Economics etc.
Stay tune with us for more details like – Result, Admit Card
Daily GK Updates 8th February 2017, Current Affairs Feb 2017:
All those who are searching for Daily General Knowledge update can check it out here for more updates.
China has become the world’s largest producer of solar energy, according to a new report from the country’s energy administration.
- China’s National Energy Administration announced over that their photovoltaic (PV) capacity reached an impressive 77.42 gigawatts.
- Germany, the former global solar-power leader, produced 40.78 gigawatts in November 2016.
BIMSTEC Senior Officials Meet concludes
The 17th Session of BIMSTEC Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) has concluded in Kathmandu, with an understanding to host the summit meeting by the end of 2017.
- The SOM meeting represented by senior foreign ministry officials from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand gave concurrence to Nepal’s proposal to host the fourth BIMSTEC Summit in October/November in Kathmandu.
- As the current chair of BIMSTEC, Nepal is hosting the fourth BIMSTEC Summit.
Arunachal Becomes First NE State to Implement e-Cabinet Solution
Arunachal Pradesh became the first state in the northeast to implement e-Cabinet solution for the state cabinet members.
- Using this system, the cabinet members can access the cabinet notes before the meeting.
- The entire business of the Cabinet can be conducted using the e-Cabinet solution.
- The e-Cabinet solution will give remote access to the Ministers to view Cabinet notes and the same will be circulated well in advance for proper analysis and feedback.
First Smart Police Station inaugurated in Andhra Pradesh
Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated the first model police station at Nagarampalem in the capital region Amaravati.
- Later in the day, he also inaugurated the second model police station in old Guntur town.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said, for the first time in the country, Andhra Pradesh has brought forth the smart policing system.
Bank of Maharashtra ties up with Cigna TTK
Public sector lender Bank of Maharashtra has partnered with insurance company Cigna TTK Health to market the insurer’s products in the bank’s branches across the entire country.
- Under the agreement, the bank will offer the all of Cigna TTK’s superior health insurance products to its 2 crore customers through its network of over 1,896 branches.
Axis Bank ties up with Earthport
India’s third largest private bank, Axis Bank has tied up with Earthport Plc, a cross-border payment network, to enable faster outbound cross-border payments for its customers through Earthport’s state-of-the-art global payments network.
- Axis Bank has become the first bank in India to connect with Earthport’s global payments network, which spans over 60 countries.
- This agreement also marks Earthport’s entry into India, the world’s fastest growing major economy.
Indian-origin sculptor Anish Kapoor wins Genesis Prize
Renowned Indian-origin British sculptor Anish Kapoor has won Israel’s prestigious one million dollar Genesis Prize for his commitment to Jewish values.
- He said he would use the money to help alleviate the refugee crisis and try to expand the Jewish community’s engagement in a global effort to aid Syrian refugees.
- The prize committee, headed by Jewish Agency Chairman Natan Sharansky, acknowledged Kapoor as “one of the most influential and innovative artists of his generation”.
England test captain Cook resigns
Alastair Cook has resigned as England Test captain after a record 59 matches in charge.
- The 32-year-old Essex batsman took the role in August 2012 and led his country to Ashes victories in 2013 and 2015.
- However, during last year’s 4-0 Test series defeat in India he admitted to having “questions” over his role.
Current G.K. Complete Year 2017 Capsule
Subhash Chandra Bose’s confidant colonel Nizamuddin passes away
Colonel Nizamuddin, a close confidant of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, breathed his last at his residence in Dhakwa area of Mubarakpur, Azamgarh.
- He was 116. He served as Bose’s driver.
- Nizamuddin had been with Netaji between 1943 and 1945.
- He reportedly last saw the leader on August 20, 1947 in Burma. He could never meet Netaji thereafter.
Daily GK Updates 8th February 2017, Today Current Affairs Quiz:
We hope you like our article. Stay tuned with us for Everyday Current Affairs Daily GK Updates about 8th February 2017. Today General Knowedge Questions Answer.